IEC: Holding Election on 28 Sep is Our Red Line
The Independent Election Commission (IEC) said that holding presidential election on 28 September is the red line of the commission.
The Independent Election Commission (IEC) stated this at meeting of Civil Society Coordination Group and international organizations involved in the Afghan elections. They added that the presidential elections, provincial council and parliamentary elections of Ghazni province should be held at the same time.
IEC emphasizes on simultaneous holding of presidential elections, Ghazni parliamentary elections and district council at the time which previously some reports said that institutions and supporter of Afghan elections suggested separate organization of presidential elections and two other elections.
Previously, Afghan Ministry of Finance had announced that the ministry has readiness to provide budget for the first part of presidential elections, provincial council and parliamentary elections in Ghazni.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie