Gen Miller in Faryab: Operations Against Militant Groups Will Continue
U.S. commander in Afghanistan General Austin Scott Miller who heads NATO Resolute Support Mission on his visit to Faryab said that the operations against the militant groups will continue.
Gen. Miller made the remarks during a security meeting which was organized in northern Faryab province earlier on Tuesday.
A number of top Afghan security and defense officials including intelligence chief Masoom Stanikzai, acting interior minister Massoud Andarabi, Gen. Waziri and governor of Faryab province had also participated in the meeting.
“Operations will continue but I believe in peace. We absolutely care about the Afghan people. You have my commitment that we will strive to be precise in every engagement,” Gen. Miller said.
Moreover, Gen. Waziri said “Wherever we have good leaders, we have good results. We need to have the right people, in the right positions, in the right place. We need to pressure the enemy days and nights. We will not wait for them, we will go out to them.”
The acting minister of interior Massoud Andarabi said “We want peace, the government wants peace, the people want peace. It is the Taliban who continue to fight. The whole world wants peace.”
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie