Khalilzad Visits India Amid Doha Talks
The US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad visited India as anticipated on Monday. This is in the middle of United States-Taliban talks which have taken a one-day break on the occasion of Ramadan.
Khalilzad had a meeting with India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and briefed her on peace efforts in Afghanistan, the Indian Foreign Affairs Ministry’s spokesman Raveesh Kumar said in a tweet on Monday.
“Both discussed role of all regional stakeholders in bringing peace and development in Afghanistan,” Kumar said.
“India will work with key partners in days ahead”, the statement added.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie