Police Find 41 Mostly Afghan Migrants Alive in Refrigerator Truck in Greece
Just weeks after the grim discovery in the UK, another refrigerated truck filled with migrants have been discovered this time in northern Greece.
Greek police has said that the 41 migrants, mostly from Afghanistan, were not injured, but seven of them were taken to hospital as a precaution.
The migrants, all men aged between 20 and 30 without documents, had difficulty breathing.
The truck’s refrigeration system was turned off at the time of the discovery.
After stopping the truck on a highway for a regular check, police arrested the driver from Georgia.
This comes as Greece has been struggling with the biggest surge in refugees since 2015.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie