Team Set Up to Probe Civilian Causalities in Badakhshan: Officials
Local officials said that a team has been tasked to investigate the possible killing and injury of 15 civilians in an airstrike that took place in Zohr village of Warduj on Sunday.
Badakhsan provincial governor’s office in a statement on Tuesday said that heavy causalities were inflicted on Taliban insurgents in an airstrike carried out on hideout of insurgents in warduj district of the province.
According to the office, Taliban fired mortar rounds on local residents during the air force operation, which reportedly killed 4 civilians and wounded 11 others.
“Reports are published in media claiming that these individuals were killed and injured in the airstrike, hence, the local government has assigned a team to investigate the incident seriously and comprehensively,” said Badakhsan governor’s office.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie