Yangi Qala District of Takhar Collapse to Taliban: Officials
Clashes continued for two days between the Taliban and Afghan security forces as the Yangi Qala district of Takhar has fallen to the Taliban, local officials said.
Jawad Hijri, a spokesman for provincial governor, said that the district collapsed after Afghan forces retreated to avoid civilian casualties.
“The forces are trying to retake the district from the Taliban,” Hejri said and noted that “clashes still ongoing in the district.”
He said that 28 Taliban insurgents were killed in the clashes and “Mullah Imamuddin, a Taliban commander was also among them.
Reinforcements have been sent from the center of the province to support the local forces, he added.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie