Developing: Death Toll in Parwan Rises, 26 Killed, Dozens Injured
At least 68 people have been killed and wounded in suicide attack in Parwan province, Ministry of Interior said.
“A suicide attacker riding a motorcycle blew himself up in front of the first gates of a training center in PD1 of Charekar city of the Parwan province at around 11:40AM”, spokesman of MoI, Nasrat Rahimi said.
Rahimi added that 26 civilians including 4 security personnel were killed and 42 other civilians were wounded.
According to spokesperson for Interior Ministry, women and children are also among injured.
The Taliban group has claimed responsibility for the attack, claiming they were targeting security forces at the campaign rally.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie