Civilian Causalities Unacceptable: Presidential Palace
The Presidential Palace (ARG) has said that civilian casualties is not acceptable for government authorities and further measures must be taken for preventing civilian casualties during the security forces’ operations.
ARG in a press release reacted to the security forces’ operation in Takhta Pul area of Musa Qala district of Helmand which civilians suffered casualties.
According to the press release, the Helmand governor has been instructed to start investigation regarding the incident.
The Presidential Palace emphasized that Taliban are the main perpetrators of civilian casualties and have always used people’s houses, villages as shields and even host foreign terrorists.
“The Taliban should stop continuing war and killing people and enter to Peace talks with the government,” the press release added.
This comes as a Provincial council member, Bashir Ahmad Shakir told Reporterly on Monday that 30 civilians were killed and injured that most of them were women and children during an operation of security forces carried out in Musa Qala district.
The Ministry of Defense confirmed the incident and said to start investigations regarding the civilian casualties.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie