Three US Troops Injured in Insider Attack in Kandahar
Three U.S. service members were wounded in an insider attack Monday in Kandahar province, officials confirmed.
A U.S. military spokesman in Afghanistan, Army Col. Sonny Leggett, said a member of the Afghan Civil Order Police fired on a military convoy, and that the service members sustained “non-life-threatening injuries.”
“The attacker was killed by return fire from Resolute Support forces,” he added.
Another official confirmed that the three wounded in the attack were all Americans.
The attack is under investigation.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the green-on-blue attack and wrongly stated that U.S. service members were killed.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie