FAO, WFP Support Afghan Refugees Residing in Iran to Initiate Alternative Livelihoods

The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), in collaboration with the World Food Program (WFP) and Iran’s Bureau of Aliens and Foreign Immigrants’ Affairs, has established a greenhouse in a settlement in Semnan Province, providing the Afghan refugees with new sustainable livelihoods opportunities, the United Nations Information Center (UNIC) in Tehran said in a press release.

FAO Programme Consultant Hooman Moezzi said that a group of 15 Afghan refugees has been selected to be empowered to manage the greenhouse independently, being advised and equipped with necessary agricultural skills by this initiative.

FAO, as a UN specialized agency, leads efforts to defeat hunger, improve nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise standard of living in rural populations and contribute to economic growth.

According to the last official government estimates, Iran hosts 951,142 Afghan refugees.
buy vibramycin online https://bereniceelectrolysis.com/images/photoalbum/jpg/vibramycin.html no prescription

Approximately 97% of these refugees live in urban and semi-urban areas, while the remaining 3% reside in 20 refugee settlements located throughout the Country.

+ posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from Newsfeed: Wednesday, January 15 2020