ARG: Zalmay Khalilzad Must Stay in Kabul for a While
The Afghan Presidential Palace has announced that it is necessary that Mr. Khalilzad, U.S. Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation stay in Kabul for a while.
In a meeting with president Ghani, Zalmay Khalilzad discussed recent developments and US president’s remarks about Afghanistan, thr presidential palace in a statement said on Tuesday night.
Mr. Khalilzad also briefed president Ghani on his recent efforts in bringing peace in the country.
Meanwhile, US Department of State announced the new round of Khalilzad’s travels for Afghanistan peace and Khalilzad also wrote on Twitter that: “I’m arriving in Kabul, focused on achieving an enduring peace that ends the war, ensures terrorists do not use Afghanistan to threaten the US.”
Khalilzad’s visit comes amidst a state of chaos and rage that has followed US President Trump’s callous remarks about a solution to Afghanistan, that he made while meeting with Pakistani prime minister Imran Khan.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie