Afghan Police Set on Fire 35 Tons of Drugs in Jawzjan
Police in the northern Jawzjan province set on fire 35 tons of illicit drugs including heroin and hashish on Monday, provincial police chief Abdul Wahid Wajdan said Tuesday.
The drugs had been seized over the past one year, the official said, adding that 47 people have been arrested on charge of involvement in drug smuggling.
Wajdan also noted that police would spare no efforts to bring to zero the poppy cultivation and drug production in the relatively restive province.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie