Clashes Erupted Between Afghan Forces & Taliban in Balkh
At least two Afghan security forces and dozens of Taliban fighters were killed in clashes in the northern Balkh province, an official confirmed.
Ajmal Fayez, a spokesman for police headquarters in Balkh, told Anadolu Agency the incident in the province’s Chahar Bolak district also resulted in closure of the main Balk-Jawzjan highway.
He said two security forces personnel were killed in an insurgent attack on a checkpoint.
The Afghan National Army’s 209-Shaheen corps said in a statement that “scores” of insurgents have been killed in Chahar Bolak in a clean-up operation.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie