Developing: Attack on Dharamshala Ends After Six Hours of Clash
Afghan Special Forces confirmed that all four suicide bombers who attacked Dharamshala, a Sikh worship area in PD1 of Kabul, were killed after nearly six hours of fighting.
The Sikh religious temple was attacked in the capital of Kabul early on Wednesday.
Narindra Singh Khalsa, a Sikh lawmaker, told news outlets that four people had been killed and the trapped people inside have been rescued.
The Islamic State group has reportedly claimed responsibility for the attack.
Afghanistan’s minority Sikh community has been targeted numerous times by Islamic extremists in recent years.
A suicide bomber killed more than a dozen people in the eastern city of Jalalabad in 2018 in an attack claimed by Islamic State.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie