Government Express Readiness For Holding Transparent National Elections
President Ghani said that the government is ready to provide security, technical and logistical cooperation for holding national and transparent elections.
Presidential Palace said that in a meeting between European Union, UNAMA and representatives from other countries who support election sector with the election commission officials was held on Tuesday.
In this meeting, the president stated that the government is ready to provide security, technical and logistical cooperation for holding nationwide and transparent elections, and the relevant institutions and authorities are directed in these sectors, the presidential palace said in a statement.
It is to say that, in this meeting, the Independent Election Commission (IEC) has shared its suggestions for the election calendar with the international community, and they have also expressed their cooperation for holding a better and timely Afghan presidential elections.
Meanwhile, the Presidential Candidates Council had raised concerns about the lack of transparency in the upcoming presidential election process.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie