The Ministry of Defence (MoD) said on Wednesday, that 115 Taliban militants had been killed and 39 others had been wounded in by the Afghan security forces across 26 provinces in the past 24 hours.
The MoD specified that the casualties were a result of “reciprocal” attacks after the Taliban launched offensives on Afghan National Defence and Security Forces (ANDSF) positions.
The Ministry of Interior (MoI) said on Tuesday, that in the past month, security forces had carried out attacks in response to Taliban movements, and as a result, 840 Taliban fighters were killed while 385 others were wounded.
Tariq Arian, spokesperson for the MoI, said that 40 Taliban militants had also been arrested.
The MoI also released their report on civilian casualties that showed at least 180 people were killed and 375 injured in the past month.
“The Taliban are responsible for killing people. This group has not fulfilled its obligations at any stage,” Arian tweeted.