Only Child Left, Teenager Dies by Suicide After Brothers Killed By Taliban
Farah officials confirmed that a young girl has died by suicide in the provincial centre on Wednesday.
Farah Police spokesperson Mohibullah Mohib told Reporterly that the 18-year-old girl, identified as Mojhgan, was found hanging in her home in Ishaqazi village, near the outskirts of the capital.
She had lost her two brothers in the ongoing conflict and decided to take this step as she had been left “homeless,” the police said.
Her older brother was killed by the Taliban last year for working with the government and the second brother had joined the military. He was also killed last week by the Taliban.
The girl and her mother were the only remaining members of the family.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie