Physical Fight Breaks Out Between Logar And Paktia MPs In Parliament
The Wednesday session at the House of Representatives was accompanied by a physical altercation between the members of Logar and Paktia.
During the session, Speaker Mir Rahman Rahmani discussed the findings of the Board of Inspectors and the introduction of 21 Herat officials on charges of corruption and embezzlement of 20 million AFN from the Coronavirus budget.
At the request of Herat’s representative, Rahmani ordered the formation of a commission to investigate the charges.
Disagreements were heard till a physical clash started between Paktia representative Yarbaz Hameedi and Logar’s Shahpoor Hussainzoi over which commission would appoint the board.
Hameedi is a member of the Health Commission while Hussainzoi is a member of the Commission on Central Audit.
Some members from Herat also insisted that the delegation should consist of representatives from the province.
At the same time, the live broadcast of the session was interrupted, but it resumed after a while.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie