Developing: Attack On VP Saleh’s Convoy In Kabul Leaves 2 Dead, 12 Wounded
The Ministry of Interior (MoI) said that according to initial reports, two people were killed and 12 others were injured in the explosion in Kabul on Wednesday morning. While the MoI did not mention the target, the convoy of First Vice President Amrullah Saleh was attacked.
MoI spokesperson Tariq Arian said that an explosion took place at around 7:35 a.m. today morning in the Taimani Area of PD4 in the Afghan capital.
Arian added that so far two people have been reported dead and 12 injured have been transferred from the scene of the explosion.
Arian did not specify the target of the blast and said that the area had been blockaded and investigative teams were present on the scene.
Failed attack on Amrullah Saleh
The Office of the First Vice President released a statement: “The sworn enemies of Afghanistan today once again wanted to harm Amrullah Saleh, the first vice president.”
They added that Saleh was not harmed in the blast and that the attack failed.
No group has claimed responsibility for the blast.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie