Trump To Announce Drawdown Of US Troops From Afghanistan
U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to announce a further reduction of American troops in Afghanistan in the coming days, senior officials told reporters on Tuesday.
The official said that Trump will make a similar announcement regarding troops in Iraq on Wednesday i.e. today, with the announcement on Afghanistan expected soon.
The senior administration official told reporters onboard Air Force One to expect the announcements, as Trump returned to Washington after campaigning for his re-election..
“We kept America out of new wars, and we’re bringing our troops back home,” the president told the crowd in North Carolina.
The decision comes as Trump trails his Democratic rival Joe Biden in polls ahead of the presidential elections in November.
U.S. has already reduced its troops in Afghanistan to around 8,600 after signing the Doha peace deal with the Taliban.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie